you are at : Meyer Cookware > Recipes
Asparagus Proscuitto & Truffle Essence Risotto
5 cups Chicken or Mushroom Stock
1 ˝ cup Dry White Wine
2-3 medium Shallots, minced
3-4 ozProscuitto, diced
300g Thin Asparagus, trimmed, peeled & cut into 2" pieces
150g Shitake Mushrooms, sliced
3 tbspOlive Oil
2 cupsArborio Rice, rinsed & dried
˝ cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
1-3 tbsp Truffle Oil
Parsley for garnish
1. Bring the stock & wine to a simmer in a 18cm/2.8L Saucepan.
2. Melt the butter to a 26cm Saute pan, over med-high heat, & sauté the shallots, proscuitto, asparagus & mushrooms for about 6-8 minutes (until the mushrooms have lost most of their moisture & the asparagus is tender). Remove from the pan & set aside.
3. Place the pan back onto the heat & pour in the olive oil. Add the rice and sauté until well coated with oil & just toasted. Reduce heat to medium/med-low.
4. About ˝ cup or so at a time add the stock mixture to the rice, stirring constantly; waiting until it is almost totally absorbed before adding the next ladle-full. Continue until all the stock is incorporated and the rice is creamy, but not runny.
5. Stir in cheese, proscuitto & vegetables. Season with truffle oil, salt & pepper; garnish with parsley & serve.
What's New |
About us |
|Website by Ideograph Design|