This lunch menu is easy to make and can be put together in advance so that you can spend as much time with mum on the day as possible.
Fennel, orange, olive salad
- 1 small-sized bulb fennel, cut into thin strips
- 1 orange, skin and pith removed and cut into segments
- 1/2 cup of pitted Kalamata or black olives
- 250 grams of baby rocket, washed and dried (optional)
- 1.5 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
In a large salad bowl or on a platter, toss the rocket, orange segments, fennel slices and olives.
In a small jar add olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste. Put the lid on the jar and shake to mix the dressing. Taste and adjust for seasoning. Serve with trout baked in paper or any grilled or baked fish dish.