Mussels and Vongole Zuppetta
We are delighted to announce Silvia Colloca as brand ambassador for Essteele! We look forward to sharing with you more of our partnership over the coming months, starting with some beautiful recipes developed exclusively for Essteele by Silvia.
We recommend using the Essteele Per Domani 28cm Deep Covered Skillet for this recipe.
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 hot chilli, thinly sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley stalks
- 3/4 cup of halved cherry tomatoes
- 150 ml of dry white wine
- 1 kg of cleaned mussels
- 1 kg of vongole
- Salt for seasoning, if needed
- 1-2 tablespoons of finely chopped parsley leaves
- Grilled sourdough to serve
- Place the vongole in a colander and rinse them under cold water to remove any grit they may have and set aside. De beard the mussels by tugging on the furry string dangling from the shells.
- Heat up the oil in an large pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic, parsley, tomatoes, chilli and stir. After about 20-30 seconds add the shells and wine, allow for the alcohol to bubble away (1-2 minutes), then cover with a lid to allow the steam to open the mussels.
- In the meantime grill the bread to your liking. Once all the shells have opened, turn the heat off (about 4-5 minutes)
- Discard any broken or unopened shell.
- Pour shells and poaching liquid into a bowl, scatter parsley on top and serve hot with the grilled bread.