Roast Leg of Lamb with Potatoes
Recipe by Silvia Colloca!
- 1 x 850g leg of lamb
- 100ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 5-6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 5-6 rosemary sprigs
- salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 700g brushed potatoes, unpeeled and cut into wedges
- 150 ml dry white wine
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- With a sharp knife, randomly stab the shoulder of lamb in 5-6 places, stuff each cut with some sliced garlic and few rosemary leaves.
- Rub half the olive oil over the lamb, then season the entire lamb leg with salt and pepper.
- Tip the potatoes into a bowl, toss them with the remaining olive oil and season with salt.
- Place the lamb in a large deep baking tray and scatter the potatoes around it, drizzle with wine and roast for 1 hour, covered in foil.
- Remove the foil, turn up the oven to 200°C and continue roasting for 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are golden and crunchy and the lamb is beautifully cooked through but still succulent.
- Place the lamb and potatoes on a serving platter and serve with a drizzle of the pan juices.